1. Lack of energyMasturbation puts you into a low energy state and relaxes you – meaning that you get more and more comfortable masturbating and then being in this low energy state. People stagnate in a low energy environment. Don’t be that guy that jerks off on the couch, in the washroom or on the bed each and everyday until you are old and grey and nothing to show for it. Get up and get motivated. Do Semen Retention or even NoFap and be in a high energy state with high vibration. Check out that article here.
2. ProcrastinationIf you are a fapper or have ever fapped then you notice that after masturbation you feel relaxed and lethargic – you don’t want to do things and start to delay your daily activities. You may even feel really sleep due to the oxytocin and endorphins that masturbation produces. You find yourself wanting to either play video games, watch TV or just sleep.
3. Anhedonia: The loss of interests in thingsIf you find yourself losing interest in things you previously found interesting or enjoyable then this may be a side effect of PMO (porn-masturbation-orgasm). Masturbation can lead to social and/or physical anhedonia – the things that once made you content are no longer fun or enjoyable. For social anhedonia – you don’t want to be around people while physical anhedonia causes you to not enjoy physical sensations. When you masturbate, you can over time lose interest in things and all you want to do is masturbate. And when you masturbate, all you may want to do is masturbate even more leading you down the road of anhedonia.
4. Poor Time managementAddiction to masturbation leads to procrastination which is the most obvious result of poor time management. When you masturbate you may become more obsessed with masturbating – leading to a slippery slope where you alienate yourself from the rest of the world and put masturbation at the very top of your priorities.
5. Feeling guilty after PMOIt happens with everyone. We all feel guilty like we have done a crime or sin. Feeling guilty makes you feel sad and it makes you depressed and it also decreases your self-motivation.
6. Relationship harmWhen you practice excessive PMO – it brings a lot of relationship harm. It secludes you from your friends, family, co-workers, school and affects your everyday life.
7. PMO affects your goalsIf you want to be on your purpose then set aside negative things such a porn, drugs, toxic relationships that give you fear, anxiety, sadness and depression. These all give you low vibrational energy and they will stagnate you.8. Erosion of self confidenceIf you isolate yourself away from friends, family, work, and school then the erosion of your self confidence is guaranteed. We humans are social creatures – we need to interact with each other. Being addicted to PMO is extremely harmful because masturbation can and will make you lonely.
9. Negative feelings related to social or spiritual expectationsMasturbation is considered a sin in some religions. There are also many societal stigmas attached to masturbation: Some people believe women shouldn’t masturbate, or that masturbation is immoral. Many of us have heard the rumors that masturbation causes you to go blind, or that it can cause you to grow hair on your hands. If you believe those things and go on to masturbate, you might experience feelings of guilt, anxiety, shame, or self-loathing afterward.
10. Post-orgasmic illness syndrome is a real thingA little-known condition where individuals who have a penis can become ill after ejaculating. Men with post orgasmic illness syndrome (POIS) become ill rather immediately after ejaculation, whether spontaneously at night, during sexual intercourse or masturbation.
11. TraumaMasturbating might be upsetting if you’ve experienced sexual trauma.
Masturbating does release hormones such as dopamine, endorphins, oxytocin, testosterone, and prolactin. Masturbation releases healthy amounts of these hormones which can positively affect your mood and physical health, as research as found. This is not being argued here – what is being argued is that EXCESSIVE masturbation can dramatically affect your life in a negative way. Especially in a society like that where more and more Millennials and Gen Zers are prone to instant gratification – we need to be very wary that many fall to the wayside when they introduce themselves to porn and masturbation. Yes, masturbation is great for many people but for others, it can destroy their lives.
Jiang M, Xin J, Zou Q, Shen JW. A research on the relationship between ejaculation and serum testosterone level in men. J Zhejiang Univ Sci. 2003;4(2):236‐240. doi:10.1631/jzus.2003.0236
Waldinger M. D. (2016). Post orgasmic illness syndrome (POIS). Translational andrology and urology, 5(4), 602–606. https://doi.org/10.21037/tau.2016.07.01